Mozilla Firefox 47.0.1 修正版今日正式发布，新版最大的新增功能是支持来自谷歌的Widevine CDM流媒体技术，ChaCha20/Poly1305密码套件，并且在符合要求的计算机上开始支持快速启用VP9视频解码器。除此之外，针对Web开发者也有相当大的改进，并带来了几十个安全修补程序，详情可见更新列表。
- Support for Google’s Widevine CDM on Windows and Mac OS X so streaming services like Amazon Video can switch from Silverlight to encrypted HTML5 video.
- Enable VP9 video codec for users with fast machines
- Embedded YouTube videos now play with HTML5 video if Flash is not installed.
- View and search open tabs from your smartphone or another computer in a sidebar
- Allow no-cache on back/forward navigations for https resources
- Latgalu [ltg] locale added. Wikipedia tells us there are 164,500 daily speakers.
- Various security fixes
- FUEL (Firefox User Extension Library) has been removed. Add-ons relying on it will stop working.
- The browser.sessionstore.restore_on_demand preference has been reset to its default value (true) to avoid e10s performance problems. Because faster is better!
- The Firefox click-to-activate plugin whitelist has been removed.
- XRender is no longer used for rendering web content on Linux as this may cause a regression in remote X performance
- Web platform changes
- View, start,and debug registered Service Workers in the Service Workers developer tool
- Simulate Push messages in the Service Workers developer tool
- ‘Start’ button for service workers in about:debugging to start registered Service Workers
- Changes that can affect add-on compatibility
- Added support for ChaCha20/Poly1305 cipher suites
- Custom user agents supported in Responsive Design Mode
- Smart multi-line input in the Web Console
- cuechange events are now available on TextTrack objects
- WebCrypto: PBKDF2 supports SHA-2 hash algorithms
- WebCrypto: RSA-PSS signature support