Lumina Desktop 1.0.0 发布了，Lumina将是基于 Qt工具箱，旨在取代KDE成为PC-BSD默认的桌面环境。现阶段 Lumina被认为尚处于早期alpha状态，但已被PC-BSD的软件包仓库收录，它的目标是成为一个轻量级的、稳定而快速的桌面环境。
- For Users
- Completely customizable interface! Rather than having to learn how to use a new layout, change the desktop to suit you instead!
- Simple shortcuts for any application! The “favorites” system makes it easy to find and launch applications at any time.
- Extremely lightweight! Allows applications to utilize more of your system hardware and revitalizes older systems!
- Multiple-monitor support! Each monitor is treated as an independent entity – making it great for presentation systems which use a temporary monitor or for workstations which utilize an array of monitors for various tasks.
- For System Administrators
- Default applications
- Appearance settings (Theme, Colors, Wallpaper(s), Icons, Fonts, etc)
- Interface layout (desktop icons/plugins, panels, etc)
- Favorite apps/files
- and more!
- Personalize the initial settings for users with a single configuration file!
- Provides a stable and consistent experience across updates. Cut down on your support time for end-user systems!
- For System Builders
- Qt5.2+, Fluxbox, xscreensaver, XCB libraries, other small OS utilities as needed.
- BSD OS’s: TrueOS, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, DragonflyBSD, NetBSD
- Linux OS’s: Debian, Gentoo, kFreeBSD, generic “Linux”
- Easily ported to various operating systems (OS), with various optional features setup within a single source file for each OS. Already ported to:
- Easily add customized config files for your OS (wallpaper, interface settings, etc).
- Minimal dependencies