- Our “grafting” mechanism for security updates has been fixed to be generally applicable. Read this post for more information on the challenges behind this.
- Substitutes are now fetched by default over HTTPS and from a faster mirror.
- A number of packages have been made bit-for-bit reproducible, including glibc, Perl, Emacs packages, and Python packages. This work was simplified by guix challenge and by the new –check and –rounds build options, and also by the insight gathered from other reproducible builds efforts.
- GNOME is now available, via the gnome-desktop-service procedure.
- 639 new packages, about as many package updates, greatly simplified by the addition of new importers and auto-updaters.
- A wealth of bug fixes, documentation improvements, Emacs niceties, and more!