GitLab 8.6 发布了，GitLab是一个利用 Ruby on Rails 开发的开源应用程序，实现一个自托管的git”>Git项目仓库，可通过Web界面进行访问公开的或者私人项目。它拥有与github”>Github类似的功能，能够浏览源代码，管理缺陷和注释。可以管理团队对仓库的访问，它非常易于浏览提交过的版本并提供一个文件历史库。它还提供一个代码片段收集功能可以轻松实现代码复用，便于日后有需要的时候进行查找。
- New keyboard shortcut: You can now press
eto edit any issue / MR.
- YAML frontmatter is now rendered nicely in markdown files.
- No more default password! Set your password on first sign in. Read more in the docs.
- We now show test coverage in the builds view.
- Support for Golang subpackage fetching, straight from GitLab.
- Issues and Merge Requests now look better on mobile. Finally!
- Quickly create a new branch from an issue, with a dedicated button.
- SAML customization.
- Easily (un)mark merge requests as WIP using a link. No more editing necessary!
- Better table of contents in Wikis!
- GitLab Geo now syncs even more things! We urge you to upgrade to 8.6 if you’re interested in Geo.
- Search performance has been greatly improved for users using PostgreSQLwithout using ElasticSearch. This requires the
pg_trgmextension (see barometer).
- Performance of listing commits has been improved.
- Counting of tags and branches on the commits/branches/tags pages is now a bit faster and is cached.
- Performance of retrieving CI services of a project has been improved.
- Project avatars stored in Git repositories are now cached, cutting down request. timings forall project pages for projects that don’t use an avatar uploaded via the web UI. (!3272)
- Diffs that are larger than 100 KB are no longer displayed, instead a “This diff is too large” message is displayed. This prevents Unicorn timeouts when viewing large diffs. (!3185)
- The branch commit ahead/behind statistics are no longer pre-cached on every push. For projects with lots of branches (e.g. thousands) this can have a huge impact on the time it takes for the pre-caching process to complete. (!3274)
- Indexes were added for
- Performance of viewing individual issues is improved by caching certain Git operations.
- We enabled HTTP caching for requests that fetch the raw contents on a single file in a Git repository. Cache times range from 1 minute (for ‘mutable’ resources like
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/raw/master/VERSIONwhich use a branch name) to 1 hour (for immutable resources like
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/raw/17de30f412b5eddaa080006b6dd2aae2bd2d5647/VERSIONthat use a commit SHA). In addition to this we configured NGINX in the Omnibus packages to use up to 1 GB of disk space for proxy caching. These two changes combined reduce the load on GitLab servers that get many requests of HTTP clients polling a single file in a public repo.
- In GitLab 8.4 we added a ‘housekeeping button’ to the project settings page. This button triggers agit gc run on the project. In GitLab 8.6 we have automated this button: every 10 pushes, but no more than once per hour, GitLab will run
git gcon repositories. This should (slightly) improve Git disk use and performance.
- We split
LDAPGroupSyncworker. Performance will be greatly improved for large installations. LDAPSyncworker runs once per hour. In our benchmark runs, for 20,000 users and 10,000 groups, the sync takes 15 minutes. This is in contrast to hours or, in extreme cases, 1-2 days for the old
LDAPSyncWorker(which synced groups, too).
- Redis is updated to version 2.8.24
- PostgreSQL is updated to version 9.2.15
- Nginx proxy caching is enabled
- pg_trgm extension is automatically enabled
- Default Nginx http2 support can be disabled if necessary