Git 2.8.3 发布了，改进记录如下：
* “git send-email” now uses a more readable timestamps when
formulating a message ID.
* The repository set-up sequence has been streamlined (the biggest
change is that there is no longer git_config_early()), so that we
do not attempt to look into refs HEAD to point at
the primary branch the remote has, and as .git/HEAD to point at the
branch we locally checked out).
* A partial rewrite of “git submodule” in the 2.7 timeframe changed
the way the gitdir: pointer in the submodules point at the real
repository location to use absolute paths by accident. This has
* “git commit” misbehaved in a few minor ways when an empty message
is given via -m ”, all of which has been corrected.
* Support for CRAM-MD5 authentication method in “git imap-send” did
not work well.
* The socks5:// proxy support added back in 2.6.4 days was not aware
that socks5h:// proxies behave differently.
* “git config” had a codepath that tried to pass a NULL to
printf(“%s”), which nobody seems to have noticed.
* On Cygwin, object creation uses the “create a temporary and then
rename it to the final name” pattern, not “create a temporary,
hardlink it to the final name and then unlink the temporary”