Git 2.6.0 RC2 发布，Git 2.6.0 包括新特性和 bug 修复：
* An asterisk as a substring (as opposed to the entirety) of a path
component for both side of a refspec, e.g.
“refs/heads/o*:refs/remotes/heads/i*”, is now allowed.
* New userdiff pattern definition for fountain screenwriting markup
format has been added.
* “git log” and friends learned a new “–date=format:…” option to
format timestamps using system’s strftime(3).
* “git fast-import” learned to respond to the get-mark command via
its cat-blob-fd interface.
* “git rebase -i” learned “drop commit-object-name subject” command
as another way to skip replaying of a commit.
* A new configuration variable can enable “–follow” automatically
when “git log” is run with one pathspec argument.
* “git status” learned to show a more detailed information regarding
the “rebase -i” session in progress.
* “git cat-file” learned “–batch-all-objects” option to enumerate all
available objects in the repository more quickly than “rev-list
–all –objects” (the output includes unreachable objects, though).
* “git fsck” learned to ignore errors on a set of known-to-be-bad
objects, and also allows the warning levels of various kinds of
non-critical breakages to be tweaked.
* “git rebase -i”‘s list of todo is made configurable.
* “git send-email” now performs alias-expansion on names that are
given via –cccmd, etc.
* An environment variable GIT_REPLACE_REF_BASE tells Git to look into
refs hierarchy other than refs/replace/ for the object replacement
* Allow untracked cache (experimental) to be used when sparse
checkout (experimental) is also in use.
* “git pull –rebase” has been taught to pay attention to
* The command-line completion script (in contrib/) has been updated.
* A negative !ref entry in multi-value transfer.hideRefs
configuration can be used to say “don’t hide this one”.
* After “git am” without “-3″ stops, running “git am -3″ pays attention
to “-3″ only for the patch that caused the original invocation
* When linked worktree is used, simultaneous “notes merge” instances
for the same ref in refs/notes/* are prevented from stomping on
* “git send-email” learned a new option –smtp-auth to limit the SMTP
AUTH mechanisms to be used to a subset of what the system library
* A new configuration variable http.sslVersion can be used to specify
what specific version of SSL/TLS to use to make a connection.
* “git notes merge” can be told with “–strategy=<how>” option how to
automatically handle conflicts; this can now be configured by
setting notes.mergeStrategy configuration variable.
* “git log –cc” did not show any patch, even though most of the time
the user meant “git log –cc -p -m” to see patch output for commits
with a single parent, and combined diff for merge commits. The
command is taught to DWIM “–cc” (without “–raw” and other forms
of output specification) to “–cc -p -m”.
* “git config –list” output was hard to parse when values consist of
multiple lines. “–name-only” option is added to help this.
* A handful of usability & cosmetic fixes to gitk and l10n updates.
* A completely empty e-mail address <> is now allowed in the authors
file used by git-svn, to match the way it accepts the output from