FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE 发布了，该版本值得关注的改进有：
- The new console driver, vt(4), has been added.
- Support for FreeBSD/i386 guests has been added to bhyve(4).
- The bhyve(4) hypervisor now supports booting from a zfs(8) filesystem.
- Support for SMP was added to the armv6 kernels and enabled by default in the configuration files for all platforms that contain multi-core CPUs.
- Initial support for UEFI boot has been added for the FreeBSD/amd64 architecture.
- Support has been added to cache geli(8) passphrases during system boot.
- Support for the UDP-Lite protocol (RFC 3828) has been added to the IPv4 and IPv6 stacks.
- The new filesystem automount facility, autofs(5), has been added.
- The sshd(8) rc.d(8) startup script now generates ED25519 sshd(8) host keys if keys do not already exist when ssh_keygen_alg() is invoked.
- OpenSSH has been updated to version 6.6p1.
- The nc(1) utility has been updated to match the version in OpenBSD 5.5.
- Sendmail has been updated to 8.14.9.
- The unbound(8) caching resolver and ldns have been updated to version 1.4.22.
- OpenPAM has been updated to Ourouparia (20140912).
- OpenSSL has been updated to version 1.0.1j.
- The pkg(8) package management utility has been updated to version 1.3.8.