Ceph v12.0.1 Luminous (dev) 发布了，这是 Luminous 的第二个开发者版本，Luminous 是下一个长期支持的稳定版本。
自 12.0.0 以来的主要变更：
- The original librados rados_objects_list_open (C) and objects_begin (C++) object listing API, deprecated in Hammer, has finally been removed. Users of this interface must update their software to use either the rados_nobjects_list_open (C) and nobjects_begin (C++) API or the new rados_object_list_begin (C) and object_list_begin (C++) API before updating the client-side librados library to Luminous.
Object enumeration (via any API) with the latest librados version and pre-Hammer OSDs is no longer supported. Note that no in-tree Ceph services rely on object enumeration via the deprecated APIs, so only external librados users might be affected.
The newest (and recommended) rados_object_list_begin (C) and object_list_begin (C++) API is only usable on clusters with the SORTBITWISE flag enabled (Jewel and later). (Note that this flag is required to be set before upgrading beyond Jewel.)
- CephFS clients without the ‘p’ flag in their authentication capability string will no longer be able to set quotas or any layout fields. This flag previously only restricted modification of the pool and namespace fields in layouts.
- The rados copy-get-classic operation has been removed since it has not been used by the OSD since before hammer. It is unlikely any librados user is using this operation explicitly since there is also the more modern copy-get.
- The RGW api for getting object torrent has changed its params from ‘get_torrent’ to ‘torrent’ so that it can be compatible with Amazon S3. Now the request for object torrent is like ‘GET /ObjectName?torrent’.
- For packageshttp://ceph.com/docs/master/install/get-packages
- For ceph-deployhttp://ceph.com/docs/master/install/install-ceph-deploy