Ceph v10.2.0 Jewel 发布了，Ceph是加州大学Santa Cruz分校的Sage Weil（DreamHost的联合创始人）专为博士论文设计的新一代自由软件分布式文件系统。自2007年毕业之后，Sage开始全职投入到Ceph开 发之中，使其能适用于生产环境。Ceph的主要目标是设计成基于POSIX的没有单点故障的分布式文件系统，使数据能容错和无缝的复制。2010年3 月，Linus Torvalds将Ceph client合并到内 核2.6.34中。IBM开发者园地的一篇文章 探讨了Ceph的架构，它的容错实现和简化海量数据管理的功能。
- This is the first release in which CephFS is declared stable and production ready! Several features are disabled by default, including snapshots and multiple active MDS servers.
- The repair and disaster recovery tools are now feature-complete.
- A new cephfs-volume-manager module is included that provides a high-level interface for creating “shares” for OpenStack Manila and similar projects.
- There is now experimental support for multiple CephFS file systems within a single cluster.
- The multisite feature has been almost completely rearchitected and rewritten to support any number of clusters/sites, bidirectional fail-over, and active/active configurations.
- You can now access radosgw buckets via NFS (experimental).
- The AWS4 authentication protocol is now supported.
- There is now support for S3 request payer buckets.
- The new multitenancy infrastructure improves compatibility with Swift, which provides a separate container namespace for each user/tenant.
- The OpenStack Keystone v3 API is now supported. There are a range of other small Swift API features and compatibility improvements as well, including bulk delete and SLO (static large objects).
- There is new support for mirroring (asynchronous replication) of RBD images across clusters. This is implemented as a per-RBD image journal that can be streamed across a WAN to another site, and a new rbd-mirror daemon that performs the cross-cluster replication.
- The exclusive-lock, object-map, fast-diff, and journaling features can be enabled or disabled dynamically. The deep-flatten features can be disabled dynamically but not re-enabled.
- The RBD CLI has been rewritten to provide command-specific help and full bash completion support.
- RBD snapshots can now be renamed.
- BlueStore, a new OSD backend, is included as an experimental feature. The plan is for it to become the default backend in the K or L release.
- The OSD now persists scrub results and provides a librados API to query results in detail.
- We have revised our documentation to recommend against using ext4 as the underlying filesystem for Ceph OSD daemons due to problems supporting our long object name handling.